Saturday, November 19, 2011

Introductory Post

For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to start a blog, but it was one of those things I just never got around to do. But today, while I was outside raking leaves I said to myself, "self, today is the day you are going to start that blog you always wanted." So I did. And thus, here I write.

The name of the blog comes from the mysterious metal door found on the Island during the first season of Lost. I was absolutely tickled pink and stunned that the URL http://insidethehatch.blogspot.com/ was available. On the Island, the Hatch serves many roles. First, it's the first of many pieces of evidence that there is a highly developed civilization on the Island. Secondly, it is, like this blog, a source of mutual salvation. Inside the hatch, Desmond was suicidal due to certain circumstances. Outside the hatch, no one knew what was in it except for John Locke. If nothing else, he believes there is hope inside the hatch. Once the hatch opens, Desmond has a reason to believe and Locke's hope was restored. "You say there isn't any purpose, there's no such thing as fate. But you saved my life, brother, so that I could save yours." That's what happens here.


An alternative name for this blog was "Not Penny's Boat" but that was already in use. If I could have used that one, I would've written "not Penny's boat" on my hand and taken a web cam photo and used it for my profile picture to recreate Charlie's famous scene but it wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with that.



This is not a blog about Lost but you should expect it to be referenced often. I'm absolutely obsessed still. Probably because I don't know how to let go. Whenever I find a good thing, I tend to do it over and over. I don't know how to do things in moderation. And it cycles between being a curse and a gift. Currently, not letting go is a gift. Anyway, the reasons for my Lost obsession are simple. Much like life, the greatness of Lost came from the fact that it was character-driven, not so much plot-driven. Who you are, is more important than what you do. Also, the mythological aspects of the island. And I particularly enjoyed the philosophical references throughout the series. Also, Sawyer was shirtless in every episode.


Many other topics will be discussed, there's no set rules for what may or may not be written here. But there are two main goals I have. First, simply to answer all of life's questions. Secondly, to spread the music of Belgium recording artist, Milow, into the United States through word of mouth. I'll get into why that should happen during tomorrow's writing. Until then, here is a song from Milow on what will happen when he comes to North America.



No comments:

Post a Comment